How many of these blogger facts do you relate to?–A guest post by OddballContent
It takes a special kind of person to be a blogger. To spend your free time writing, taking pictures, and tirelessly promoting your work, and the work of other people takes a great deal of dedication, commitment and passion. It’s not an easy hobby to maintain. Page views can slump for no particular reason, your work could be stolen by someone unscrupulous, and the dreaded writer’s block can strike at any moment.
But despite all the trials and tribulations of the blogging lifestyle, you know we wouldn’t have it any other way. How many of these blogger truths can you relate to?
1. You’ve always got a notebook or a note app with you to jot down ideas because you never know when inspiration will strike.
2. Some of your best friendships were made online, and you may not have ever met in person!
3. You can’t open any products, or eat any food, without taking a hundred photos first.
4. The biggest worry in your life is whether to take the plunge and go self-hosted.
5. You choose restaurants and holidays based on grammability.
6. The most annoying thing in your day is follow/unfollow.
7. Your page view graph is pretty much a chart of your happiness day to day. It’s a rollercoaster of emotion!
8. You want everyone to read your blog, but you live in fear of anyone IRL finding out about it.
9. You know more about social media algorithms than most marketing professionals.
10. When everyone else is resting after a long day at school or work (or both!), you’re hard at work building your media empire.
So be proud, bloggers! You’re not afraid to put yourself out there, working day in day out to produce amazing content without being asked to, and often without being paid for it. We belong to the most supportive, creative and exciting community around, so enjoy it!
Polly Foster is owner and editor of comedy blog www.OddballContent.com Check it out for hilarious articles on Friends, Peppa Pig, RuPaul’s Drag Race and more!
I’d also love to thank Polly for guest posting on my blog so a massive thank you from her and go and check her out on Twitter too @OddballContent